Ms Brettermeier and the junior bosses invite guests to join them on an adventure in the region. Hiking, cycling and foraging for mushrooms in the forest are among the options.
Must-sees & must-dos
Weekly activity programme in summer in Saalbach-Hinterglemm
Harald Senior & Marianne, Harald Junior & Jaqueline, Franz-Josef and Anna-Theresa, your hosts, take pleasure in sharing this beautiful region of Austria with guests from around the world. Discover the long and rich history of Pinzgau and explore its flora & fauna on walks and bike rides or while out and about gathering mushrooms. We also offer trips to local producers. Within the hotel itself we offer regular guided tours of our art gallery as well as wine tasting sessions and talks on local and family history.
Summer activities with your hosts ...
Local organic producers
Together we visit farmers in the region who supply our hotel with organic produce
- Sepp Grünwald Senior (beekeeper, organic honey)
- Sepp Grünwald Junior livestock farmer, organic butter)
- Hans Scheiber (livestock farmer and dairy farmer, organic cheese and butter)
- Walk to hermitage then visit to the farm shop run by local farmers
- Imlauer family, Thomanhof (happy chickens)
Get ready to explore...
- Hike on the Schattberg
- Bird of prey training on the Panorama Alm
- Local hike in Saalbach
- Schönleiten – Asitzkopf (including Kohlmaisbahn)
- Guided tour through the "Gallery of Modern Art" of the hotel
- Heimathaus – Ski museum
- Hike to a mountain hut at the end of the valley with the village guide
- Visit of the local distillery
- Pinzgau walk
- Baking showbread on the Panorama Alm
- Summer concert in Saalbach
- Torch-lit hike in Saalbach
- Rural weekly market in Saalfelden
- Montelino children's festival on cabbage corn
- Hike to the Sausteige
- Trip to the organic beekeeper "Josef Grünwald
- Visit of the Saalachtal farm shop "Naturally good
The program varies from week to week
Enjoy advantages with the Joker Card
All hikes with the village hiking guide including ascents with the cable car are free of charge, as you can show our Joker Card. Remember to always carry your Joker Card with you!