- Organic provides pure taste.
- Organic delivers more nutrients, minerals and vitamins.
- Organic respects animal rights.
- Organic does without GM technology.
- Organic protects our water sources and the soil.
- Organic does not use agricultural chemicals.
- Organic is strictly monitored.
Bioneering in cuisine
Clean eating with a clean conscience in Saalbach-Hinterglemm
At the Gartenhotel Theresia, our green philosophy is at the heart of everything we do. Our guests are only served dishes made from ethically and sustainably sourced ingredients. The head chef and his kitchen team ensure that these dishes not only taste delicious, but that they are also a feast for the eye. In 2002, the four-star superior Gartenhotel Theresia was the first hotel in this local region of Salzburg Land to voluntarily undergo elaborate organic certification.
The Gartenhotel Theresia is the only organically-certified hotel in Saalbach-Hinterglemm as well as the only restaurant that is allowed to carry the BIO seal of approval from the state inspection body AUSTRIA BIO GARANTIE.
With 57% percent of arable land used for organic farming, Salzburg Land exceeds any other region in Austria and even in the EU. We are proud of this and want to share it with our guests wherever possible.
As fresh as can be
At our hotel we individually source the finest produce from trusted local organic farmers.
Back to the roots
We serve organic, regional, seasonal, and fair trade food and drinks whenever possible.
Instead of artificially flavoured foods, we serve pure taste enhanced only by local herbs, fine spices, and gourmet salts and peppers.
with 1 toque in the Gault Millau guide 2023.
We serve real food that makes you feel fit & healthy – taste the difference.
- In our kitchen we use and process more than 80% organic products
- 100% organic meat (veal, beef, pork, lamb, chicken, turkey) and meat products such as sausage, spreads...
- Large selection of organic drinks
- Daily vegan food selection - for every meal from morning to night
- Certified with the “Grüne Haube” (since 2001)
- Certified organic cuisine since 2002.
First certified hotel in the Salzburger Land
- Founding member of BioParadies SalzburgerLand - the organicylly certified gastronomy (restaurants, hotels) in the Country of Salzburg
- Reducing packaging to a minimum
- Contributing to health by serving organic produce, which has only ten percent of up to 400 different additives found in conventional produce
- Promoting local organic farmers
- Reducing CO2 emissions by using natural fertilisers only
Soil, air and water are all our ingredients need to grow and ripen. We source the finest produce, cook it expertly and serve it in wonderful dishes.
- Plentiful organic Salzburg breakfast
- "Sweet" in the afternoon
- Exquisite gourmet dinner with five courses
Children's menu or children's buffet
- Healthy and wholesome vegan dishes
- Traditional regional delicacies
- Specially prepared dishes for guests with allergies or intolerances (surcharge)
Salzburg organic breakfast
- Early morning tea and coffee in the hotel foyer from 4:00 to 7:30 (self-service)
- Breakfast from 7:30 to 10:30 in the restaurants
- Late-riser breakfast served until noon
- A selection of milk, butter, eggs, yogurt, honey, jams, muesli (including an original Bircher-Benner muesli prepared fresh every day), assorted cold cuts and cheeses, traditional smoked ham, select greens, precious oils, vinegar, etc. from local organic farmers
- Egg dishes
- High-quality smoked fish
- Fresh fruit and vegetables, fruit and vegetable juices, champagne and more
- Scrumptious bread and pastry selection including bread rolls, oven-fresh French croissants, local pastries, wholemeal bread and toast and more
- Fair trade coffee and other coffee delicacies from cappuccino to latte macchiato and espresso, fair trade cocoa and tea bar with a fantastic selection of excellent teas
- From 15:00 to 16:30
- Delicious cakes & strudels
- From 18:30 to 20:30 this means you can arrive at the restaurant until 20:30 p.m. - with plenty of time to enjoy your meals.
- Five-course gourmet dinner with a vast selection of traditional local treats and wholesome and vegan dishes
- Crisp salads and crudités
- Children’s menu or buffet
- Bottled sparling water from the minibar, mountain spring water from every tap
- Juice bar with fresh fruit in the sauna area
- Cold platter delivered to your room if you arrive after 20:30 (please let us know if you think you are going to be arriving after 20:30)
- Packed lunch or "Thermo breakfast" delivered to your room the night before you leave in case of departure during the night or early departure before 7:30
- Please inform us well in advance when making your reservation so that we have the necessary groceries in stock from the day of your arrival!
A surcharge on half board of € 20 per day will be charged for the additional work (children up to 12 years of age surcharge € 10)
Austria Bio certification
At the Gartenhotel Theresia guests can look forward to organic food at its finest. Here you can be sure everything labelled "organic" really is. This is because we are a certified organic hotel and gastronomic destination constantly undergoing unannounced inspections by the official inspection body Austria Bio Garantie (Code AT-BIO-301).
We are also a partner of the Austrian association for the promotion of organic farming and production, Bio Austria. Consequently, we use local organic produce wherever we can. Only officially certified companies and service providers are allowed to use the Bio Austria label and seal.