We in the Province of Salzburg enjoy the highest density of organic farmers (53 %) within the EU.
We are proud of this and at the Gartenhotel Theresia we want to extend this organic treasure to you. You will enjoy healthy, energy-providing foods with us:
- We offer the freshest foods with the best quality.
- We purchase the basics and drinks as organically, locally, seasonally and fairly as possible.
- Our dishes are prepared with only herbs, natural spices, salt and pepper. You won’t find any flavour enhancers here! All dishes are prepared by our kitchen team in our hotel.
Our earth, our air, our water. From this, we lovingly and carefully create what we serve to you on the plate.
Gourmet with a guarantee
Austria Bio Garantie
- Organic is guaranteed with us. Why is this? Only at certified hotels and restaurants subject to regular unannounced random checks by a control body (in our case "Austria Bio Garantie", code number: AT-BIO-301), can you be absolutely certain that "when it says it’s organic, it is organic". Each establishment’s certificate number (Hotel Theresia: 4-01815-2018) confirms that it is subject to regular checks.
- Our establishment is also a partner of the Austrian organic association BIO AUSTRIA, which guarantees that mainly local organic produce is used.
- Only certified establishments may use the composite trademark "BIO AUSTRIA".
- Patrons and guests can quickly spot that a venue is not genuine if "organic" produce and dishes are offered, but the establishment does not display any organic seal of approval (evidence of certification) – either because it never had one, or the certificate has been withdrawn (due to breach or non-observance of the strict rules).
What would a day be without organic?
Our eco-philosophy has a long history
In 2002, the Gartenhotel Theresia****S was the first hotel in the Province of Salzburg to apply for organic certification – which at the time was still voluntary – and in Hinterglemm it is still the only certified hotel and restaurant establishment permitted to display the organic seal of approval!
Since 1 July 2009, the EU Regulation on Organic Agriculture (anchored in the Austrian Food Codex) has been incorporated into Austrian law. From this date, any hotel and catering establishment promoting the word "ORGANIC" in any form whatsoever (e.g. "Organic Corner" at breakfast, "organic" hotel, "organic" buffet, etc.) without holding organic certification will be subject to a heavy penalty.
Where it comes from:
The sources of our regional organic foods:
Eggs - Frank, Saalfelden
Cheese – Sinnlehen Farm in Leogang and Pinzgau Milk, Maishofen
Vegetables, lettuce, potatoes – Stechau Farm in Leogang / Biotop, Zell am See
Cultured butter – Vorderlengau Farm in Hinterglemm, Grünwald Jun.
Honey – Grünwald Honey Farm, Hinterglemm
Veal, lamb, venison, sausage, ham, bacon – "Tauernlamm" farmers’ cooperative, National Park Hohe Tauern
Spices – Sonnentor in the Waldviertel region / Wiberg
Dairy – Pinzgau Milk Dairy
Pölz Juice - Wedl, Saalfelden
Pölz Juice & Höllinger Syrup - AGM, Maishofen
and many others...