The Glemm Valley in Pinzgau's Grass Mountains at the edge of the National Park "Hohe Tauern"
Saalbach-Hinterglemm, a holiday region with breathtaking views! The hiking, biking and running paradise! And the Gartenhotel Theresia is situated next to the hiking trails and bicycle paths. We are just a 5- to 8-minute walk from the centre of the village of Hinterglemm along the main walking trail. And the free public hiking shuttle stops in front of the hotel.
The Valley of Games
- Saalbach-Hinterglemm is located at an altitude of 1050 metres above sea level - in fog-free zone!
- A great selection of hiking, cycling and mountain bike trails are just waiting to be conquered!
- With a height of 2336 metres, the Gaisstein Mountain is the highest mountain in this valley and also central Europe’s highest grass covered mountain
- Traditional alpine chalets invite you to stop and stay awhile
- Guests of the Gartenhotel Theresia receive the Saalbach-Hinterglemm JOKER Card for free!
- The Glemm Valley has plenty of pram- an wheelchair-friendly hiking trails and numerous attractions for the whole family in this "Valley of Games".
- 400 km of excellently marked hiking trails
- 25 km of Nordic walking and running trails
- 200 km of wonderful mountain bike trails with various levels of difficulty
- Downhill biking trails and much, much more
- 4 cable cars comfortably and safely take everyone to the mountain summits:
- The Schattberg and Kohlmais cable cars in Saalbach
- The Zwölferkogel and Reiterkogel cable cars in Hinterglemm
Hiking excursions to organic producers
Once each week, our hotel owner, Marianne Brettermeier, takes guests on a hike to regional organic companies such as:
Austria’s highest altitude and smallest organic dairy in Leogang
- the organic honey farm at the end of the valley
- or the hermitage "am Palfen" with a stop at the Saalach Valley’s farmer’s shop in the historic city centre
The Saalach Valley’s farmer’s shop offers organic products right from the region’s farms – for example:
- speck, ham and sausage
- cheese and yoghurt
- original farm bread and homemade schnapps
- as well as hand-knitted jackets, pullovers, socks and slippers