Winter Activities in Saalbach-Hinterglemm
Tree top path & the Alps’ Golden Gate Bridge
The tree top path and the Alps’ Golden Gate Bridge in the Hinterglemm Valley are also open in winter.
This attraction is open 365 days a year! In winter, the path and bridge are illuminated in the evening.
Toboggan run on the Reiterkogel (3 km)
- Illuminated until 11:00 pm
- Use of the cable car (including evening trip) is included in the purchase of a valid ski pass. Single trips are also available!
- Hired toboggan - € 6.50 per day (available at the Reiterkogel valley station)
- PLEASE NOTE: due to safety reasons, the toboggan run on the Reiterkogel can only be ridden with toboggans hired at the cable car station. Toboggans brought by guests cannot be used!
Spielberghaus guest house (3 km) and Maisalm alpine chalet (2km) in Saalbach
Horsedrawn carriage rides
- Enjoy a romantic horsedrawn carriage ride through the valley to the Lindlingalm alpine chalet
- Length: 1 hour with the option to stop for a break and something to eat
- The ice skating rink in Hinterglemm is perfect for guests interested in being active off the slopes!
- Ice skating is tons of fun for everyone! You’ll find the perfect ice skating conditions and a local ice skate hire in Hinterglemm.
Alpine fun for young and old in Hinterglemm
- Hours of operation: 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Price: € 22 per hour (includes equipment and court)
- Location: just past the Zwölferkogel cable car in Hinterglemm towards the end of the valley – located on the left side
Go on the hunt for lifelike animal replicas. Archery is a balance for both body and mind. It is easy to forget your everyday troubles in the fresh mountain air. After an introductory lesson, participants can start their hunt.
- 28 different targets await you. Different coloured posts display the target’s level of difficulty.
- We recommend sturdy hiking shoes to ensure steady footing. Located in a wooded area, the majority of the course is accessible no matter the weather, is well marked and easy to find – but it is no walk in the park!
- Halfway through the courses, participants will find a refreshment stand with cool drinks.
- A group of 4 should plan approximately 2-3 hours for this course.
- Admission € 5
- Equipment hire € 7 (bow, arrows and additional equipment are available for hire)
Racing fun on ice!
HOT WHEELS ON ICE
- Ice karting is the new holiday highlight for everyone looking for some fast excitement on their winter holiday in Saalbach-Hinterglemm. Hit a different kind of slope near Saalbach, one of the most popular ski resorts in Austria.
- Get ready for spectacular drifts, swift races and breathtaking action.
- Spikes in the kart’s tyres provide the necessary grip for driving on 3500m2 of slick, well-prepared ice.
Paragliding – discover the Glemm Valley from above
- Paragliding in winter – an absolutely unforgettable holiday treat! Discover the mountains of the winter sports region Saalbach-Hinterglemm from the air.
- Tandem flights are also offered to ensure that beginners can enjoy the bird’s eye view.
- Prepared snowmobile track in Saalbach’s Jausern district
- Children 15 years of age and older and adults: € 18 / 10 min., € 54 / 30 min. and € 108 / 60 min. (includes helmet)
- Passengers/children under 15: € 12 / 10 min.
- Helmet and gloves must be worn at all times (helmet provided), ski suit is recommended, no ski boots allowed
- Instructions and tips are provided
- Get refreshments at the "Der alte Stall" snack bar
Snow groomer rides
Drive a snow groomer yourself or just take a ride:
- Drive: 25 minutes including instruction and supervision: € 109
- Ride: 10 minutes € 29
Snow quad driving
Drive a snow quad through the wintry Glemm Valley!
- Head out into the snow, hug curves and drift with our quads and buggies on snowy, icy tracks in our snow quad grounds which cover 60,000m2
- This fun winter activity is for kids and adults, no driver’s licence required