Awards and Certificates
In 2012, the Gartenhotel Theresia's cuisine was awarded the "Green Bonnet
" award for the 11th straight time!
The "Green Bonnet" (green chef’s hat in English) is an award for:
- Culinary excellence in terms of taste, wholesome quality and harmony of food and drinks
- Freshness, inner quality and first-class origin from predominantly regional, organic agriculture
- Placing high importance on a balanced, wholesome assortment of food
- Use of fair trade products
- Environmentally-friendly, resource-conserving management
Suitable food for each special diet
must be offered at "Grüne Haube" establishments – for example, coeliac, lactose-intolerant, diabetic, etc.
More security for allergy sufferers and guests with food intolerances.
The Gartenhotel Theresia was awarded with the ECARF (European Center for Allergy Research Foundation) Certificate in December, 2012. This certificate identifies us as a hotel for guests with special needs in regards to food as well as sleeping and living arrangements and spa treatments.
Austria Bio Garantie
Austria’s official society which audits:
- The authenticity of organic products, certified and audited by taking unannounced samples
- The producers of the organic food used in our kitchen
- Our organic vendors
- The origin of products from certified organic farms which produce food in accordance with EU organic regulations
Gault Millau 2008 on dining at the Theresia: "The first-class hotel restaurant which, if opened to the public, would be recommended as a candidate for a toque (Gault Millau award)."
Gault Millau 2010 on dining at the Theresia: “…the highest of expectations are met with excellent organic cuisine…”